Do you know what to do in a plumbing emergency? Here a few tips to help you:
- Toilet Overflowing – When your toilet is overflowing and the water just will not stop, it is no time to panic. Before you call the plumber, take a moment to turn off the water valve that is connected to the toilet. This valve is usually located on the wall behind the toilet.
- Drain Blockages – Blocked drains can happen quickly, so it is essential to have a drain or toilet plunger on hand to help you break up any clogs you may have. More skilled homeowners will purchase their own drain snake or auger on hand. If the problem repeats, you should probably call a specialist.
- Pipe Leaks – When a pipe starts leaking, you will most likely need to call the plumber as soon as possible. In the meantime, you should turn off the main water valve or the water that is feeding the pipe in question. Once the water is off, turn on the cold water to drain any trapped water.
When you need plumbing assistance, you can trust the team at AA Quick Plumbing & Sewer Service to help you. Our dedicated team provides a huge array of services, including sewer plumbing in Jefferson County.
Do you know what to look for when it comes to septic system failure? We have put together a list of important signs you should know about:
- Toilet Flushing Slowly – When your toilet is flushing slower than average, you may be having a problem with your septic system. You should check all of the toilets in your home to make sure that it is not a problem with that specific toilet before you call a specialist for assistance.
- Bad Smells – Do you have foul smells coming out of your drains? If the answer is yes, then you should make an appointment to speak with a member of our team. These smells are usually associated with black sludge, which is another sign of sewage backup and septic system malfunctions.
- Green Grass in the Drain Field – Green grass may seem like good news, but when the grass over your drain field is a little greener than usual, this is often the sign of a drainage problem. If left unchecked, you will eventually notice the sewage puddling in this area.
Taking care of septic tanks in Jefferson County is one of the many services offered by AA Quick Plumbing & Sewer Service. From inspections and installations to repairs and cleaning, our team is available to assist you.