Owning a septic system means being mindful of the things that go down the drain. We have put together a small list of things you should never flush or put down the sink:
- Chemicals – Getting chemicals in your septic system is problematic, as it will destroy the bacteria in your tank and possibly cause damage to your tank. These chemicals include bleach, old fuel, and any harsh cleaners that you use around the house.
- Food – From coffee grounds to bacon grease, there is a lot of food that should never enter your septic system. Many food items will not break down properly and can get stuck in the pipes or your drain field. You should put a strainer on your sink and never install a garbage disposal.
- Personal Care Products – There are many “flushable” personal care products available that should never go down your septic system. This list includes tampons, wipes, and sanitary napkins. Instead of flushing these items, place a trash can in your bathroom next to the toilet and let guests know that you should not flush anything aside from waste and toilet paper.
Whether you need help with your septic system or are just looking for a talented plumber, you can trust the team at AA Quick Plumbing & Sewer Service. Our specialists can help you with your plumbing in Fenton, MO, as well as the surrounding communities.
Are you noticing that the fixtures in your bathroom are no longer running properly? If you own an older home, it may be time to update your bathroom. Take a look at these common issues:
- Water Problems – Have you noticed that your sink faucet is constantly dripping or that your bathtub leaks every time you fill it for a bath? These issues may be signs that your hardware seals are worn out. Problems with slow drains in the sink, shower, and bathtub may also be related to old hardware.
- Mold Issues – When you are constantly having problems related to mold on your floors, walls, and around the tile, you may be dealing with water that is not in the right place. Black mold is hazardous and could be hurting you and your family members.
- Water Quality – Having good water in your bathroom is very important. If you are dealing with rust-colored water or your water just smells awful, this may be a sign that you need to replace your water heater. Corrosion, a common cause of these problems, may be present in your old water heater.
Keep your bathroom in working order when you rely on the team at AA Quick Plumbing & Sewer Service. We are happy to assist you when you need help with plumbing in Fenton, MO.